- Building your own property can be a daunting task, but if you are able to undertake such a project, you could end up with your very own perfect grand design. One of the biggest challenges facing self builders is financing the project. PAD Financial can work with lenders that understand the self build market and can help you maintain a positive cashflow to keep your project on track.
As your self build project progresses, invoices to builders, suppliers and tradesmen can become due. If the funds are not in place to meet these costs, you can soon find your project drawing to a halt. In extreme circumstances, you could find your builder leaving site, leaving you with a half finished project and creating unnecessary stress and delays.
PAD Financial can work with you to understand your projected build costs, cashflow and timings so that the right mortgage is in place to fund the development. We can work with you to arrange a mortgage to buy the land (if required) and then fund the development, using either bespoke or tailored staged release payments.
Develop a Diversified Asset Allocation Strategy
When selecting stocks to invest in, you should carefully consider the risks of stock investing and develop a diversified asset allocation strategy that fits with your goals, investing time frame, and risk tolerance.
- Invest in approximately 20 to 30 stocks in at least six to eight sectors with different investment characteristics.
- No more than 20% of the total value of your stock portfolio should be in any one sector.
- No more than 10% of the total value of your stock portfolio should be in any one stock.
- You should invest a minimum of approximately 3% to 4% of the total value of your stock portfolio in each stock.
Deciding which stocks to invest in can be difficult, especially if you have a low tolerance for risk. That’s why it’s important to define one’s financial goals and how much risk can be tolerated. Research stocks that fit within your strategy and invest in stocks that have the potential to help you meet your specific goals, whether you want investment growth, income, or a combination of the two.
Your Financial Advisor can provide you with a wide range of stock investing services, including:
- Asset allocation strategy development
- Individual stock selection
- Help in deciding when to buy and sell your stocks