A limited company or SPV (special purpose vehicle) can allow you to own a Buy to Let property without being the actual legal owner of the property. This can have several advantages and can form part of your overall tax planning solution (PAD Financial cannot advise you on the tax implications of Ltd Co / SPV Buy to Let ownership, but would advise that you seek specialist advice on the subject).
If you would like to know more about SPV (special purpose vehicle), please contact us now.
Develop a Diversified Asset Allocation Strategy
When selecting stocks to invest in, you should carefully consider the risks of stock investing and develop a diversified asset allocation strategy that fits with your goals, investing time frame, and risk tolerance.
- Invest in approximately 20 to 30 stocks in at least six to eight sectors with different investment characteristics.
- No more than 20% of the total value of your stock portfolio should be in any one sector.
- No more than 10% of the total value of your stock portfolio should be in any one stock.
- You should invest a minimum of approximately 3% to 4% of the total value of your stock portfolio in each stock.
Deciding which stocks to invest in can be difficult, especially if you have a low tolerance for risk. That’s why it’s important to define one’s financial goals and how much risk can be tolerated. Research stocks that fit within your strategy and invest in stocks that have the potential to help you meet your specific goals, whether you want investment growth, income, or a combination of the two.
Your Financial Advisor can provide you with a wide range of stock investing services, including:
- Asset allocation strategy development
- Individual stock selection
- Help in deciding when to buy and sell your stocks